Trees and Weather
The Trees and Weather Module provides systematic investigations of
trees and leaves over the seasons to bring students to a better understanding of trees'
place at school and in the community. Students will observe day-to-day changes in
weather over the year, as well as the impact weather has on living things.
- Observe and compare trees, using the senses.
- Observe and compare the shapes of leaves; compare leaf shapes to geometric
- Identify trees as resources that are used in everyday life.
- Observe weather by using senses and simple tools.
- Communicate observations made about different kinds of trees, leaves, and weather
conditions orally and through drawings.
- Observe and record seasonal changes to living things.
- Investigation 1: Observing Trees
- Investigation 2: Observing Leaves
- Investigation 3: Observing Weather
- Investigation 4: Tree through the Seasons